So yes, I really stink at updating my blog. I do think about it often. . . does that count?
The experiement is over. I actually couldn't tell you what transaction tipped the scales. What's funny is that someone asked my husband how the experiment was going, he said "great! she won!" What does that mean. Apparently in his mind I 'won' if I didn't spend the whole $45 in one week! :) I'm pretty lucky if that's all he expects!!!!
So, I've been trying to figure out what lesson I need to learn from this. What do I need to do differently? I can remember one trip I made to Winco with my grocery money, I was a lot more specific on what I bought knowing I only had about $30 to spend. Normally I would buy extra stuff, all stuff we would use, but still extra.
The conclusion. I'm going to use cash on all my grocery and couponing purchases for the next few months. To get a visual. Now, I don't want you all to think that Jamie has a spending problem. I have to tell you, couponing is great for that. I make multiple purchases in a week, and the whole game is to see how much you get for next to nothing. I just feel handling cash will help me be even more careful with my money.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment