Friday, September 11, 2009

McKenna's First Day of School




McKenna started pre-school today! She only attends 4 hours a week, but it was free! For some reason I managed to get to this day without buying her a backpack. So we left the house an hour early to head to Fred Meyer. I was getting pretty annoyed with myself after being pointed to the Nike and Jansport backpacks, thinking I was going to have to buy her a nice one (they didn't have the school backpacks in seasonal anymore). I decided I would try to make a mad dash to Target instead. Luckily on my way towards the exit I ran into the "cheap" back-to-school backpacks and got her one for $9 instead of $25! Anyways, she had fun and told me she didn't have to use he extra pair of underwear hiding in her backpack! :) (the teacher asked that we put an extra pair in incase they had an accident at school) I am excited for her to be in a new environment for learning. Anytime I try to get her to write her name it results in her saying "I give up!" so I try not to push it too much at home.


McKenna is such a smart little girl. She is the hugest help around the house. She loves her baby brother so much, and I'm pretty sure that she is his favorite too!

2 comments:

Aussie Boy said...

We sooooo nearly called our youngest McKenna. 'tis a gorgeous name. And she looks beautiful. Thanx for sharing. Your stories made me smile.

Cheryn said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! This will be an awesome way for me to keep closer tabs on you guys ;) LOVE YOU JAMIE!