I wrote this blog entry last September and never got around to sending it. . . so here ya go!
So, I missed my 10 year reunion this weekend. . . . totally bummed. There were a few reasons we couldn't make it to the saturday night party, but there was a family option for a potluck on sunday aftnoon. I kept going back and forth about whether I felt it was appropriate to take my family on sunday. It was also McKenna's first primary program was this sunday (a primary program is where the children are the ones teaching us at church, they sing songs and give mini talks - for the case of McKenna it was a one-liner.)
I was resigning to the fact that I most likely would NOT be going to the reunion, when I decided to take a look at the phrase McKenna would be repeating for the primary program that sunday. . . .
"Keeping the Sabbath Day holy strengthens my family."
My resignation instantly turned into a peaceful understanding. Am I bummed that I missed the reunion, of course. But I know I made the right decision for me and my famiy.
As it turns out, McKenna got sick and we sent her to my parents during the program. I did get to watch her the day before at the practice, so cute!!!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment