Saturday, October 17, 2009

Seven Year Anniversary

Seven years. . . wow! It's been great! We've had a lot of great times. It's funny, I know we have our troubles (usually caused by me), but I don't remember them. When I look back I see the positive. Must be a sign of a good life together. Thanks for making me happy babe!

Tyler and I were married October 12, 2002 in the Seattle, WA temple. Why the temple? Because in the temple we are given the opportunity to be married for time AND ALL ETERNITY. We are sealed together, and any children we bring into the world are sealed to us also. A forever family! Isn't it an amazing gift?!?!

Tyler and I met at BYU. He lived around the corner from me. Actually, he was my home teacher! :) We first met at a home teaching visit. . . he was so new off his mission, the constant smile, everything was wonderful. . . my roommates and I would laugh. After Christmas that school year I started my crush.

There is a saying - and I don't remember it word for word - coincidences are a gift from God. I truly believe that. It turns out our fondness of each other started to grow at the same time. Our first unofficial date we went skiing - neither of us had ever been before! That evening he put his arm around me, soon after he held my hand, then we kissed. And one day I decided I didn't want to live without him by my side. Tyler was such a sport for playing along! :) jk






3 comments:

Teryn said...

happy anniversary!

Hannah S said...

I was trying to remember which day you guys were married. I remember it being close. I love that temple, it's so beautiful.

The Jensen Family said...

Happy Anniversary!